FOUNDED IN 1932 The LETTS Community Volunteer Fire Department, INC. is located on 4474 West 700 south, greensburg, Indiana 47240.
The firefighters and EMT's are 100% volunteer and receive no pay for any of their time. Over the past year our volunteers have put in over 2700 hours for 93 emergency calls, meetings, training, maintenance and fund raising activities. That takes a lot of dedication. e continue to better our department to serve you.
We have welcomed 7 new members. This brings our membership total to 27. We have 5 members cross trained as Paramedics, 5 as Basic EMT's and 2 as Emergency Medical Responders. We are always looking for volunteers. If you are interested in helping, we have meetings on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month. The meetings are held at 7 p.m. You may also contact us through our Become A Firefighter page on this website.
Firefighter duties include:
Essential Functions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. They are intended to be accurate summaries of what the job classification involves and what is required to perform it. Employees are responsible for all other duties as assigned.
* Responds to fire alarms and extinguishes fire;
- * Responds to calls for emergency medical services, and renders first aid;
- * Responds to and renders assistance in emergency cases;
- * Cleans and inspects equipment and apparatus after returning from a fire;
- * Inspects equipment and apparatus and notifies superior officer of any defects;
- * Makes minor repairs to equipment and apparatus, performs routine preventative maintenance tasks, and keeps records of such action;
- * Keeps fire station, equipment and grounds in a clean and orderly condition;
- * Participates in training activities and instruction sessions;
- * Acquires and retains a thorough knowledge of the Town, including streets, buildings, water supply, unusual hazards and related items;
- * Performs various public information or education tasks;
- * Enters inspection, training and (on occasion) fire and emergency medical service calls into the records management systems;
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
* May respond to emergency calls for specialized service such as hazardous materials, confined spaces rescue, extrication and technical rescues that include high angle, below grade, swift water, trench and collapse rescues;
- * May respond to non-emergency calls for infant car seat installations, africanized bee complaints, fire prevention demos, etc.;
- * Deals with social service related areas of emergency response by assisting victims and relatives of victims of traumatic events.